Call or Text Ty now:

(859) 619-7234 Weichert, Realtors - Bluegrass Living
Ty Brown Broker/Realtor

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Daily Crazy Real Estate Happening

Daily it seems I see something or hear something in this business that makes me ask, "Why Would Anyone..." "Do This", "Hire Him", "Ask This", the end part of the question has many possibilities, but the first part is the same. Today's winner so far is this....

I met a prospective tenant today at a rental property, and these are always interesting. When he expressed interest I handed him the rental application, which he filled out, but for privacy reasons all I will say is it was questionable. He works as a "cooker" at a McDonald's that doesn't exist, which is one big red flag I found, and he said he lived at an address I was sure was fake too right around the corner. When I saw that I asked him a few questions to see if this was for real or not...

Me - "May I Contact Your Previous Landlord for a reference?"

Prospective Tenant - "NO cause that's why we's moving, he is kicking us out cause we are late on rent we are only 3 months behind, we already paid off February and now only owe the rest, so he said he is throwing our stuff out tomorrow, he wasn't wiling to work with us because he is too rich. Shoot I don't even know his number....so that is why we need to move in today. I got the money"

Me - Uh OK. Do you all have any pets?

Him - Yes we got a small dog.

Me - What kind of Dog?

Him - Little one

Me - What Kind of Little dog is it a Jack Russell, a poodle?

Him - No a Pit Bull, but he is little.

Thank the Lord I don't accept pets!

This illustrates the reason and need for someone to professionally manage your rental property for you, I mean even though this is my personal property I was renting, if all I wanted to do was rent it, he may be in there right now. I am sure this would not have went well.....

No comments: