Call or Text Ty now:

(859) 619-7234 Weichert, Realtors - Bluegrass Living
Ty Brown Broker/Realtor

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Advertising

I am going to make it official, NO MORE TRADITIONAL OR PAPER ADVERTISING. Ran some numbers recently, and the return on investment for all of the paper advertising I could track was .08%. Pretty Good huh? Yes I know there are untrackable possibilities, branding, name recognition and such issues. But if the numbers were even close to average say 8-12% that would be one thing, but less than 1%! I went back to every property I had ever sold, or listed and not sold for some reason. Every buyer client I had, and traced back as many as possible as to where and what made them contact me about buying or selling their home. I could do that for 145 transactions out of all the transactions I have done, not including personal. Guess how many came from Print, TV, or Mailers....2. Out of the rest an overwhelming majority came from Sphere of Influence and referrals 97. Online was 39, and open houses, random or other person to person were the other 8. Yes I know that is 1 too many, but one was in two categories. They came drive by my house and I was there, they saw the add in a real estate book, but did not call me....right place right time. I am going to try to figure out what the remaining transactions came from but it would take a lot to make any difference in my new plan. NO MORE PRINT OR TRADITIONAL ADVERTISING! Online all the way.....except for my postcards and newsletters of course. We will see how it goes!

No comments: